“Not Enough”: UAE Rejects US “Proof” Of Iran's Role In Prior Tanker Attacks

Russia has given official backing to Iran’s version of events concerning last week’s drone shoot down which nearly sparked a major US-Iran war, as Bloomberg reports, and lashed out at the White House’s sanctioning of Iran’s Supreme Leader. “There is a very narrow window left because this is an absolutely insulting step for intergovernmental relations. But hope dies last,” a top Russian Foreign Ministry official in Moscow, Zamir Kabulov told reporters of Washington’s new sanctions on Khamenei.

“Iran will never be alone if, God forbid, the U.S. ever takes absolutely crazy and irresponsible actions against it,” he said. “Not only Russia, but many countries sympathize with Iran.”

Meanwhile Russian media is reporting exclusive quotes from the United Arab Emirates’ foreign minister which brings the entire series of events which led to the current crisis into question. Specifically the UAE has called into question unfounded US assertions that there’s “proof” that Iran was behind prior May tanker attacks in the Gulf of Oman, which set the stage for the June 13 limpet mine incident and resulting blame game. 

An Emirati coast guard vessel passes an oil tanker off the coast of Fujairah, United Arab Emirate. Image source: AP

Though last Thursday’s dramatic drone shoot down over the gulf now makes the tanker “limpet mine attack” incident seem like a distant memory, it was a series of tanker incidents in the gulf which hastened the US-Iran collision course in the Strait of Hormuz, given the US military build-up in response to the May as well as mid-June

Keep reading this article on Zero Hedge - Blog.

Leave a Reply